Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Being sarcastic..."


Quick post before the puck drops in NJ:

Following up from yesterdays fall-out due to Jiggy's comments in which he said to the media that he would rather "retire than be a back-up", J.S. addressed the media again this morning stating that:

"
Let’s be clear with something, I’m not about to retire. That was kind of being sarcastic on my part a little bit. What I really mean by that is I’m not having fun not playing. I’m not going to just stay on the bench and collect my money and say, ‘It’s OK. It’s no big deal."

Sounds like Jiggy realizes that making yesterdays comments were in bad form and now he's backpedaling. The puck will be dropping in NJ at the Rock where the Ducks will be taking on the Devils and I'm sure many are gonna wonder if J.S. will get the start to see if he can back up his words.

We will see tonight.

PRE-GAME NOTES:
DEVILS (11-4-0) V DUCKS (6-7-2)
GAME TIME: 16:00PST
The Devils haven't beaten Anaheim in a regular-season game since 2002-03.


Let's Go Ducks!

0 comments: