Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Who the heck would've guessed?!?!

Some quick playoffs yapp...

But first: HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!
Todays honoured guest who is Mexican AND plays pro hockey:

Scotty G!

Round 2 is well underway and it looks like some things have been moving along nicely... unless you're the Detroit Red Wings.
As of last night, the Wings look like they're on the brink of being swept by... THE SAN JOSE SHARKS?!?!

We who follow hockey rather closely are a tad surprised because we're used to two things when it comes to the post season:
1. The Wings always dominate and if not, they go to 6 or 7 games.
2. The Sharks choke around this time of year.

This doesn't look like what we're used to. San Jose will look to clean house tomorrow night in Detroit and although I don't like the Sharks to say the least, it will always bring a smile to my face to see the Wings lose let alone get swept because Detroit will trump San Jose in the title of "rivals" when it comes to Anaheim. I for one don't want to see either of these two teams take the WCF, and I know that I'm not alone on this one.

As for the other series...
*Pittsburgh took one over the Habs last night in Montreal and are now 2 - 1 in their series.
*Boston will look to go 3 - 0 over the Flyers tonight in the first game at Philadelphia in this series.
*In the first game at the GMP of the Nucks/Hawks series, one team will go 2 - 1 at the end of tonight. But who will it be??? (cue suspenseful-dooming music)

That is pretty much going to be it for this week. I decided not to do an episode of Ducks Vlogstrosity because to be honest, it was easier for me to type than record. I would've said the same thing on video. However, I will have one next week. I promise you.

But before I go, I wanted to share something that it absolutely non-hockey related. I know, right??? I came across a wonderfully amazing site that someone has here on good ol' blogspot.com. The site is dedicated to one Nick Cage which feature photos of Nick Cages' mug on different famous figures. Check it out, I'm sure you'll dig it as much as I do.
Also, in a very hockey related topic, I wanted to give a shout out to Jer's (@thelinear) website called (cue trumpets): HOCKEY PUNX
If you're into hockey AND punk rock then this site is for you! He gives amazing insight to both things and his playoff pick vids are amazing!! Tell him I sent you!
And I'm sure he'll agree:

Go Ducks!

links:
http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/
http://www.hockeypunx.com/main/
http://twitter.com/thelinear

0 comments: